Friday 6 June 2014

Bolt Thrower's First Minis



Recently I started up a small line in wargames miniatures, Bolt Thrower Miniatures. I'm going to do a Q&A style article (and hopefully a promo video, if I can work out the technical side of things) soon with more detail about why I decided to do this and what exactly I'm doing.


Meanwhile the first two miniatures are almost ready.


Bloddwyn:


The aim of Bolt Thrower is to produce miniatures that can't be found elsewhere, I've no interest in producing another version of a mini that forty-seven other miniature companies already do.
One type of model which I think is under represented as a whole are females. There are some out there it is true, but these tend to be fourteen-year-old boys' visions of what a woman should be, big cleavage and woefully inadequate armour. I wanted to produce some women that look like they could give your average orc a run for his money.
With that in mind I would like to introduce Bloddwyn:



Stavros:


Another miniature I couldn'd find anywhere was a drunken-slob-of-a-pro-footballer-minotaur-carrying-a-bottle-of-ouzo, which is why I commissioned Stavros.



Both minis where sculpted by Juan Montano from drawings by Martin Hanford.


They are available to pre order now: Bloddwyn is £3, Stavros is £6, plus P&P (rates below) if you want to order send me your paypal account details and what you want, email to thomas.h.pugh@outlook.com, or send me a facebook message, or a postcard or what ever, and I'll send you an invoice. The minis will be cast up as quickly as possibly, should be a few weeks, I'll keep you informed of progress.


P&P Rates:
UK - £1.50
Europe - £3.50
Rest of World - £4.50
These rates are for one or both models. If you want more than one of each drop me a line and I'll work out how much that will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment